Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Plump Cushions



One task that's been on my to-do list for quite a while has been to make some new cushions for our couch. I like lots of plump cushions piled up for lazing in with magazines and a glass of wine. There isn't much lazing going on around here these days, but the pile of cushions would at least give the illusion that there will be again one day.


I popped into Spotlight yesterday and came across some fabric that was just what I wanted and for two pillow inserts, the material and two zips, two new cushions were created for the princely sum of $21.00! I'm really pleased with how they turned out.


I'm not so good on finishing off the edges around the zips on the back, but the second one was much neater than the first. I'm hoping others won't notice any imperfections, I get a bit hyper aware of perceived faults in things I make.


It's perhaps good or perhaps odd, depending on your perspective, that two cushions can give me so much pleasure. We have ordered new blinds for this room, the boards are going to be repolished shortly, we haven't painted yet and certainly need new furniture, but to me these two cushions lift the room by far more than $21.00.

No comments: