Tuesday, November 13, 2007

38 years



At about 6:15 I heard a little voice spoke in an urgent not so quiet whisper "where are the presents dad". A short sharp tap, tap, tap on the forehead a few moments later rapidly followed by a loud "happy birthday mummy". All four of us in bed this morning, opening presents, reading cards, smelling deliciously necessary candles and reading inspiring recipes.

Thanks for a wonderful, thoughtful partner of 12 years and husband of 9. Two gorgeous girls who work me work hard for my money but reward me with riches I can't compare. Loving parents and extended family, health, home, happiness.

Happy birthday me.

2 comments:

marianne said...

Happy Birthday to you...sounds like you have been treated to a lovely day!

Pina said...

Happy Birthday! I hope you have a good and a happy one! :)