Thursday, November 29, 2007

Jingly Jangly



I took the girls shopping this afternoon, the priority was to get 3 presents for parties that Ella's attending over the next few days, but we got sidetracked. There's a kids clothing shop called Cotton On Kids - fairly basic stuff, all cotton, at reasonable prices. There was a deal of cotton summer dresses - buy 2 get 1 free - so we bought.

When your children are small you dress them, before long, I think with girls particularly, they start dressing themselves and involving themselves in the shopping. Yet again they aren't to be mirrors of ourselves, but it's hard when they like things you just wouldn't choose yourself. Ella and I agreed easily on the first two dresses, but for the 3rd she fell in love with the jingly, jangly dress. It's hot pink, has silver stripes and those indian style little medallions at the bottom that make a noise wherever she walks. I love it too because before, when we took the photos, she said "mum, I love this dress, it's my very first jingly, jangly one". How can you not love it!

2 comments:

Lindsay said...

Awww, you have to love that! I can't wait till my little one is old enough to go clothes shopping with. I was in TopShop the other day and a mother was having what looked like her first fashion outing with her daughter, I couldn't help eavesdropping. The girl was trying on a fabulous sequinned beret which she looked amazing in and her mother's eyes were shining. I had a lump in my throat and a small thrill for the relationship to come with my O.

Victoria said...

It's actually quite amazing to behold, I agree. I'm not a shopper by any stretch, but Ella is obviously learning her shopping style somewhere. The shop attendants always coo at her because she does the whole holding up things against herself in the mirror and the sasaying etc.!