Monday, June 02, 2008

I was ALMOST without speech

While I was bathing the girls last night the phone rang, I didn't hear it above the tears that were a child's minor accident. Geoff came and told me that a particular woman who I had met last year through a shared activity had called. I hadn't had contact with her for about 8 months or so and couldn't imagine what she could be calling about. I stress that it was a very casual, hello how are you, acquaintance. She had told Geoff she'd call back at 7:30.

I answered the phone next time around and it was this same lady. She briefly asked how I was and then started what I found a most unusual conversation, it went something like this.

"Your husband's caled Geoff isn't he?"
"Yes"
"Could I talk to him?"
"I'm sorry, do you know my husband?"
"No, but I'd like to talk to him. Is that okay?"
"Well actually no, he doesn't know you so I can't imagine what you'd want to talk to him about but you can talk to me."

Can you imagine what it was that she said next?

5 comments:

Anna said...

Very odd!

Sandy said...

Very unnerving. I hope she never calls again or you'll have to change your number!

Pina said...

I hope she hung up and will never call again?

Rachael said...

Hello there. I am visitng from 'Along Griffin Creek' and I have seen you at some other blogs I visit. What did she say? Or can I guess? Is she crazy?

Lindsay said...

No I can't even begin to guess! What did she say??? Sounds very unnerving!