Tuesday, July 01, 2008

Button Swap




The lovely Ella organised a button swap recently - 5 covered buttons and a handmade item that included a covered button. I have been paired with Sherry in the US and posted her parcel today. I confess that my handmade item wasn't very unique but I've made some for myself (without the button) and have been using them every day since I made them. The buttons looked cute, it could be quite addictive, it's so easy. In the past I've only used plastic versions and you have to sew around each little circle of material in running stitch then gather it around before pressing on the back - the metal ones are much easier to use. I hope she likes them.

PS Is it just me that has so much trouble posting pictures in cubes - that is two side by side one one row and another two below? However I do it I just can't get them centred or lining up - is there a trick to it? If I do three small as above they arrive three in a row, but off to one side. If I do three medium, only two fit on one row! I do one left, one right and one centre aligned but it just won't work!

4 comments:

Jodi said...

I put my photos in photoshop to create the 3-in-a-row display. I don't think there is any way you can do it by uploading the images on blogger. Yes, I promise you will love the book! And the buttons are gorgeous...well done x

Pina said...

Beautiful! I like that photo of your dolls' legs. Made me smile!

Anonymous said...

Alright, I confess, I peeked. I am terrible at that. I used to unwrap Christmas presents and wrap them back, and TRY to act surprised when I opened them. I am not that bad now, well, I say that and here I am looking at my stuff!!! I love the bag and can't wait to get it. I will post what I have sent your way also. I took pics yesterday, and hopefully will post today. I can't wait to get your package, I hope you like what I sent.

Anonymous said...

love your tote and the buttons are really great too. Thank you again for playing along.