Friday, July 04, 2008

What's wrong with her?


I'm sure that's what my fellow passengers were thinking as I cried on the train home on Friday. I just couldn't help it, something about this photograph really really moved me. The idea of being held against your will for 6 years, away from your family, your children, them not knowing what had happened to you. This photograph, the way the children are looking at their mother, the idea of being in that situation, I can only imagine the desperation during separation and the absolute exhilaration, almost being completely overwhelmed with joy at being together again. How could you do anything but cry happy tears?

3 comments:

Sandy said...

I literally was crying. I am so happy for them. Such a well orchestrated rescue! She says she will run for president again.

I'm pretty good with photo manipulation. I wish I could help you.

Christelle said...

I cried as well ... I just saw another interview on TV just now and I feel so full of admiration for her. She doesn't complain about what she's been through, she just thanks.

Her kids are amazing also. Mélanie was constantly on TV here and I kept saying that I wouldn't have been able to do what she did for her mum. Talking in front of cameras, being invited on TV shows... What beautiful people they are!

Pina said...

When I read the news and saw the photo of her I said to myself: "This must be the happiest moment in her life."

I cried yesterday, too. More than 10 people drowned in an accident on one of our rivers. A real tragedy although it was completely their fault and their recklessness. Only one woman was rescued and when I read that, tears run down my cheeks.