Sunday, November 30, 2008

On the eve of the 1st day


Last year we did this for the first time. The mistake I made was not writing down the things I'd planned for us to do each day, at times leaving me sadly under-prepared in terms of supplies for making gingerbread houses, having lunch with friends etc. This year, I've noted the "events" of each day in my diary. They range from pancakes for breakfast, to going in to the city to meet dad for lunch and see the Christmas windows, to going 10 pin bowling - something we've been wanting to do for ages. It all builds the suspense and what is Christmas if not just the day but the build up to the day.

Other news ...... Ella has her first TWO wobbly teeth! We discovered them yesterday as she bit into an apple. Her two bottom centre teeth are wobbling, one a little more than the other. I can't tell you, I felt such pangs, it seems such a visible measure of her growing up and I love those teeth of hers! I must now begin new traditions and must search for ideas on teeth pillows, boxes etc. Does anyone have any ideas to share?

8 comments:

Sarah said...

OH I love that Advent Calander Idea. Ummm something for next year.

Tooth fairy wise - a pillow that has been handed down in my family is what we use. Boy puts tooth in pillow. Boy goes to sleep - I fly in and put $2 (fresh new coin from the bank!). Boy wake up in morning and is delighted. Other boy gets scared and does not go to sleep so he says he does not the tooth fairy to come. How cute is that!

Jasmine said...

Fantastic idea! Do you think 3's too young to get it?
I think first thing tomorrow we'll be out to buy some mini envelopes.

donna said...

What a lovely idea for the Christmas season. Your post today is interesting because it is reminiscent of today's post at Shutter Sisters http://shuttersisters.com/home/2008/11/30/in-an-instant.html
- Donna

Ashley said...

What a great avent calendar idea! Now that is something I could do :P

Chris said...

Great idea! Where did you get the cute clothes pins?

mrs boo radley said...

Adorable!

My Mom had these tiny wooden boxes where the "tooth fairy" would deposit our tooth after collecting it from under our pillow. My Mom kept these sweet little boxes hidden away in a drawer and I remember her showing our baby teeth to us.

My word for word verification below is 'stocking'...

:)

Pina said...

Very nice! I guess I am late again with my Christmas planning...

I like these tooth fairies http://www.giftsdefine.com/viewProduct.php?productID=299, I wouldn't mind having one of them myself (but not for my tooth, of course!).

Prue said...

Check out this tooth pillow: http://hopskipjump.typepad.com/hop_skip_jump/2008/11/chopper-squad.html. I would love to do something like that for my kids - good thing I've hopefully got a year or two before the first tooth falls out!