Wednesday, November 05, 2008

Time for change


I'm not generally into politics. I care what happens in my world and those of others, but I don't follow it as closely as some of our friends, my knowledge is certainly lacking in matters of policy. I was very enthusiastic about the final ousting of our own little Johnny and felt extremely dissapointed in my countrymen when he was re-elected in the previous election. I found myself thinking Someone I know must have voted for him????

This year I have been one of many outside the US who has followed the elections and been excited by the prospect for change - a change so badly, badly needed for so many reasons. Today, we're excited - I even danced a little jig along with the CNN coverage, well done and fingers crossed for brighter days ahead.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hear, hear!

Angie said...

I couldn't agree more!

I'm enjoying these feelings of greater hope and renewed belief that are putting a lingering smile on my face & driving me to kiss the kids every few minutes.

I fear I'll be slipping "yes we can" into all sorts of conversations in the days to come!

Cindy said...

I think that Obama has managed to creat all sorts of interest with poeple that aren't normally interested. I am hoping that it comes to the hope we are so dearly wanting.

Christelle said...

This morning, the sky is grey, it's raining heavily, because of the leaves on the floor it is easy to fall, I have lots of things to do at work BUT I feel extremely happy! Today I have the feeling to be an american!

Jodi said...

isn't it wonderful. I love that he's going to buy his girls a puppy for the whitehouse!

Stacy Kraus McDonald said...

I'm just so excited.... it's an amazing day.

Sandy said...

We are so relieved. January 20th, the day Obama gets sworn in, couldn't come fast enough. Happy to see others feel the same way. :)

Anna said...

Yes!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

yes, yes, yes to obama, and just as emphatically no, no, no to palin. just when on so many fronts i had to question what makes america tick i was completely overwhelmed by the sheer numbers of people who came out to vote and relieved and then delighted by whom they voted for. i really do believe this is a new beginning, and my only disappointment from this whole campaign is that palin did not give us one really great gaff to remember her by. guess we'll just have to stick with the pig in lipstick!

and one last note - why did did the republicans direct all of their female policy through palin when they had someone like condie rice??? to the best of my knowledge she did not associate herself with the rep ticket at all...hmmmm