Sunday, May 10, 2009

Mother's Day


For us spent having breakfast with my parents at The Red Shed. This place is so me, everything I love and would love to have. The building is the type of design Geoff and I would like in the new house we're hoping to build within the next 5+years. The cafe is everything I dream of owning for myself. It's not too big, it's not trying to be everything to everyone, it's just concentrating on what they do best. It's kept small and manageable. It's visiting this type of place, thinking about all it would be to me, that makes my chest feel tight and my heart beat a little faster. I'm thinking of this as a venue for something for my 40th later this year. It's not flashy, but so comfortable, tasty, relaxed and beautiful views all around. If you haven't been - go.

Mother's Day, my girls, my mum, my father and my husband. My life reflected back at me in my girls, my past and my future, all the things I've achieved and all the dreams I still have. My life at around the half way point, theirs just at the beginning. They may have the benefit of more years on their side, but I refuse to believe that my age will prevent me from achieving the many dreams I still have, unless I let it.

Happy Mother's Day to you and yours.

5 comments:

Kiki said...

Ohhh the Red Shed Cafe looks awesome! Every part of it, their food is simple and superb. The wine list is very affordable and I wish I could have spent my day there today. The story behind this place is totally inspirational and I agree with everything, EVERYTHING you have talked about here today.

Sandy said...

Happy Mother's Day, V!

Jacoline said...

What a great place, looks awesome. I think being 40 ( or almost) is the best age. I'm 41 now and think it is the best age ever. I enjoy it.
Loved your post

Bek said...

Happy Mother's Day! Sounds like a lovely Cafe, and a home in the style would be awesome. I love the picture where Ella has Leila in a happy hug headlock- Caleb does that to Jemima all the time.

PlumStitches said...

sounds like you had a lovely Mother's Day!