Monday, May 04, 2009

Useless

Can you believe the only thing I forgot when setting up my stall on Saturday was the camera, so I have not one single shot of the girls all laid out. My first market and I probably won't be doing another for quite some time, although not because it wasn't enjoyable, simply because it took over my life. The relief I feel at not having to sew every single moment, well, it's lovely. Great success though, both the fun day and the market, such a wonderful effort on the part of so many parents and teachers.

I learned the the less expensively priced items were most popular. I made a pattern for and produced a number of pure wool felt hippos from them, which were a huge hit. I wanted time to make more felt animals, but the dolls take so much time I ran out, of time that is. I sold a few dolls and received order for another, but nothing to get overwhelmed by. I made enough to buy a pair of gorgeous pants - I can't recommend them enough - so simple but on soooo slimming (which we all love) and just so nice - do check out Nicole's market visits.

So, now I'm going to restock my etsy shop and try the Made It Australian equivalent - has anyone used it? I'll just list a couple of items and check the response.

Now I'm onto my list of other "to-do's" which include a desk for Ella. I bought an old pine desk on ebay recently and today sanded it all back and have started varnishing it. I've also bought some china handles to jazz it up and some nice paper to line the drawers with. I'll show you what this duckling turns into when she's all done.


3 comments:

Sandy said...

The economy is so bad. People are spending less. I know I am! I can't wait to see them on Etsy though. The other site sounds like another good venue. Go for it.

Angie said...

I know what you mean about the relief of not having to sew every spare moment! I found people were spending less & looking for less expensive items as well!

Good luck on Madeit....I've never quite got around to trying it out, would love to hear how you find it.

Great desk rescue!

Kym said...

Congratulations on your market stall! I can't imagine producing enough to fill a table, although I'd love to try. If only I didn't sew at a snail's pace ...