Monday, November 30, 2009

Advent



Ours is hung, laden with lovely treats for the girls. My dear parents do the wrapping, the fiddly bits, although this year I did buy a lot of the gifts. It's quite difficult to find small inexpensive but extremely delightful gifts.

We have foregone the activity advent this year, we haven't been successful in completing all tasks in the past and you can only eat so many icecream sundaes!

I'm going to post each day up to and including Christmas. December is a busy month, then Leila's birthday, then overseas guests, there will be lots to share. I love this time of year. It creeps up on me every single time, but wow, what's not to love?


6 comments:

Feronia said...

What a beautiful way to mark the advent calendar!

Jo said...

Your packages look delightful; even I am excited to see what treats you found to put in them...

Sandy said...

Oh how lovely and sweet. I need to do something like that for my children. The holidays have crept up so quickly, so little time!

Kiki said...

Gorgeous, where did you find that lovely calendar? Share with us what sort of little treats you found, I need some stocking filler ideas for little D.

two little buttons said...

i also love this time and you have inspired me to post each day, to record this special month and all that goes with it, thanks for sharing

Eunhwa said...

my favorite time of the year too. I love your advent calendar with hooks for the gifts. I've been looking for something original for my girls for awhile and haven't found one yet. also curious about what the gifts are... :)