Thursday, January 07, 2010

7

My new clock. Geoff has the alarm on his side but it's turned away when we go to sleep so the light doesn't bother him. As a result I have to contort myself to try and see the time when I wake, which is usually a couple of times each night. Now I have hands that glow in the dark.


About half way through last year I started making a note of all the books I had read. As I've now moved into a new year and new list, I thought I'd make a note of them here. I've marked my favourites in green.

An Omelette & a Glass of Wine by Elizabeth David
Eat Pray Love by Elizabeth Gilbert
Finding a Girl in America by Andre Dubus
Interesting Women by Andrea Lee
Julia Child. A Life by Laura Shapiro
Lost Hearts in Italy: A Novel by Andrea Lee
Miss Smilla's Feeling for Snow by Peter Hoeg (re-read)
Revolutionary Road by Richard Yates
Sea of Poppies by Amitav Ghosh
The Buddah of Suburbia by Hanif Kureshi
The Dark Man by Paul Auster
The Doorman by Reinaldo Arenas
The Girl Who Kicked the Hornets Nest by Stieg Larsson
The Girl who played with Fire by Stieg Larsson
The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo by Stieg Larsson
The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini
The Memory Keeper's Daughter by Kim Edwards (unintentional reread)
The Quiet Girl by Peter Hoeg
The Sorrows of an American by Siri Hustvedt
What I Loved: A Novel by Siri Hustvedt
Young Hearts Crying by Richard Yates
The Enchantment of Lily Dahl by Siri Hustvedt

3 comments:

Kiki said...

Beautiful clock. I might need one too. How did you go with saying goodbye today? I hope you eventually managed a great photo.

Christelle said...

"The kite runner"... I just love that book so much. I offer it often. The following one, "A thousand of splendid suns" is just as good. Have a great reading year.

PlumStitches said...

nice clock and I do love to see other people reading lists - give me ideas!