Tuesday, December 21, 2010

660


Is it just me or do the days feel so much longer during the holidays? I love not having the school to and fros to do. I don't mind them when I'm doing them, but when I'm not I realise how much I enjoy not!

I'm not getting a heck of a lot done. We're hosting my in-law side this year, so 15 at our very small place. Of course we've just finished having our small back area landscaped, but given the weather of late I suspect we'll be squeezed into the lounge dining. It will be so squeezed that I can't even allow myself to yet consider HOW we'll manage it. The plan was to eat outside, with tea lanterns hanging all around our lovely new yard, jam jars with candles on the tables, a handmade linen runner to run down the trestles, flowers everywhere. I'm stuck on that image, think I'd best get over it.



On the holidays I don't mind the mess of baking anywhere near as much. I also don't mind when we start baking at 4:30 in the afternoon. I love school holidays.

No comments: