Sunday, May 01, 2011

717


We always share a meal at ours for my mum's birthday. Just us four and them and it's always lovely. This year it was brunch instead of lunch, just to mix it up.

We had chippolatas with roasted thyme tomatoes and scrambled herbed eggs. Poached quinches with vanilla bean yoghurt and pistachios. The highlight, particularly for the lovers of baked goods, was this delicious brioche type loaf. I started it at 7am and was taking it out of the oven just on 10am when they arrived.



The recipe is from the April 2011 Gourmet Traveller, Honey, apple and walnut loaf with whipped honey butter, I couldn't find the recipe online though. Tweaks from me, I used maple syrup instead of honey as I find the latter can be a little overpowering in baking. I also used pecans instead of walnuts, just a personal preference.

Absolutely delicious - D E L I C I O U S! Only downside, there are only two pieces left. Upside ... I don't intend to share!

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Finally a mum who does not share!!!! I always feel so guilty! Yum looks great.

Sandy said...

yes, it looks incredibly yummy!