Sunday, September 11, 2011

776

One of my nieces is very modest but gifted young woman, a wonderful writer. I wanted to share a snippet from one of her emails.

"I had a dream on Friday night that we were all up at mum and dad's for a dinner of some kind, and I couldn't find a seat at the table so I was standing beside it while every one talked and ate, and I looked at the chair on the end and there was Mike.


I looked at mum and asked if she saw him there and dad nodded and said something to him, quiet, like to make a fuss would frighten him away, and we all stayed there for a while until he got up. As he walked past, I put my hand on his arm and said 'I really miss you' and he nodded like he always used to and said 'I know'. It was really nice, made me real upset in the morning, but good-sad, like, I don't know, seeing something beautiful again for a moment before it fades away."