Tuesday, November 29, 2011

809

I do love cherries. I love the way they taste but I love their look even more. Visually I find them utterly utterly appealing.



This year I intended we would go cherry picking. I had visions of sourcing morello cherries, I adore jam made with this tart fruit. I thought I would pickle some to use throughout the year and preserve some in a simple sugar syrup and others in vodka!




So far, this hasn't eventuated and at this time of year there just aren't enough days. I've said for many, many years that the balance is off - we should really work only two days a week and be off for five. However, that IS my reality and yet still I don't get these lovely things done! What's my excuse now!


3 comments:

Sarah said...

I am the same...

seem to have many grand plans but don't do... life hey?

Kristi said...

this is why celebrating christmas works so well in the winter. x

Mark said...

Those cherries just look awesome. I just want to eat some now :)