Sunday, January 01, 2012

832

Many of my colleagues at work are a good 10-15 years younger than me, so in their world NYE is a big night. I was asked the question of what I was doing a lot this past week. I felt no reservations in saying I was staying at home and celebrating with my favourite people in the whole world.




We had good champagne (although one bottle is NOT enough), some dark and stormies, the girls had strawberry lemonade cocktails. We had a selection of tapas, bbq corn tostadas, parmesan and pesto toasts, bbq prawns with pico de gallo, homemade pizza, tropical fruit salad with icecream. We talked, we danced and Geoff woke me from my couch slumber at two minutes past midnight.


I've spoken about how challenging this year has been for my family and I. Today we've commenced a new year and I have to say that my darling brother died last year which in itself shows how time marches ever forward. The girls, Geoff and I have all had our separate struggles but honestly, at the core of it all some things have never changed. I and we are healthy. I have a wonderful family whom I love so much. I need to focus more on gratitude for what I have and acceptance of those things I can't change. I need to be a little more adaptable in my attitudes and more forgiving of those closest to me.



I'm looking forward to this year. I won't also include my goals to eat better, exercise more as those are generally a given aren't they? I want to wish you all the best for this new year, you have all added pleasure to my days with your words either in response to my own, or through sharing the events in your life and those of your family. Roll on 2012.

3 comments:

Sandy said...

Happy New Year, V! Wishing you and your family a magnificent 2012 filled with happy times, good health and fast friendships! x

Kiki said...

You had a superb end to a shitty year. I envy how much daylight you would have had too.

I am going to take you up on the offer of meeting....let's not leave it too long. I know you will realise I'm not being distasteful when I say "life is for living".

x

CC said...

Happy New Year. Wow, that menu sounds fabulous. I hope 2012 is a wonderful one for you and for your family.