Friday, March 16, 2012

862



For Ella's 8th birthday we bought her tickets to see Taylor Swift and Wednesday night was the long awaited night. It was super loud, the screaming crowd more than the music! Poor love must have been coming down with something though and about 1 1/2 hours in she felt terribly sick so we had to go out. By that stage she had a fever so we had to go home. It was fantastic though, and we had a great time, although of course the next day there were tears over not staying to the end. Worst possible timing, but absolutely no control over these things.


So Ella was home on Thursday and again today. I start work early on Friday's, getting to the office for just after 6am. By 9am I had a headache the likes of which I've never experienced before. I think it may have been a migrane. I felt like I was going to be sick. I had to keep my eyes closed as the light made me feel sick too and I couldn't move, that made me feel sick as well. My gosh it was dreadful. I had to leave and come home and as my mother in law was here I went straight to bed and slept for a couple of hours. Just horrid, my sympathies to those of you who suffer from them regularly because it's just ghastly.

Our afternoon has therefore been spent in the position you see; the girls together on one couch, me on the other, watching part one of Deathly Hallows, doing not much else. Some days you just need to do nothing much at all.


PS I don't know whether it seems strange, I can't say the words in person as I'd like to, but today is my brother Michael's birthday, so it's special to us. He would have been 55 years old today. Happy Birthday love.

3 comments:

Sarah said...

Oh a migraine.... they are NOT good. Poor you. IT is totally the crappy pit when you are sick and with children. The crappy pits.

Oh your brothers birthday... YOu have written it with such warmth. Hope your grief is less painful...

Sandy said...

such lovely photos though! i hope you all are feeling better now. happy birthday michael.

Kristi said...

my heart broke for ella a bit, not being able to stay for the entire concert. happy birthday to her. x