Sunday, September 02, 2012

930






Father's Day 2012, my crazy gang.  Huevos Rancheros for Dad and I, homemade doughnuts for all.  

A poem for Dad, from Leila

ODE TO DAD

"Walk a little slower, Daddy",
Said a little child so small
"I'm following in your footsteps, 
And I don't want to fall."

"Sometimes your steps are very fast,
Sometimes they're hard to see,
So walk a little slower Daddy
For you are leading me".

"Someday when I'm all grown up,
You're what I want to be.
Then I will have a little child
Who'll want to follow me."

"And I would want to lead just right
And know that I was true.
So walk a little slower, Daddy.
For I must follow you."

3 comments:

Sandy said...

That is such a beautiful poem and so true! He's a lucky Dad.

Kristi said...

i will have to pass that onto michael somehow.

Kiki said...

So very sweet, I saw a great quote today:
Courageous Fathers raise courageous daughters. I liked it.