Friday, October 12, 2012

946


A moment of indulgence in another otherwise routine day.

My mum's scones, made by me.  I like that some things, recipes, foodstuffs are simply mums.  It's true worldwide, that some foods are forever associated with one's mother.  We never ate a lot of scones, it wasn't as if they were a go to treat, but most food stuffs in my life - particularly those related to anything pastry like - are mums.

Apparently the triangular scones mimic the original style of the recipe, the cut round ones coming along later. I don't do round scones, not when I bake them myself, as then they wouldn't be mums.

2 comments:

Sandy said...

Funny, I was just thinking this afternoon as I was making my favorite banana bread, would my kids remember me for the banana bread? Then my daughter races into the kitchen shouting, "Ooooh, yum! You made banana bread!" I think that was a resounding yes.

Karin - The F Girl said...

I love traditions and food that has been carried from generation to generation. We have multiple recipes that I still make the way my grandmother did. Changing even the littlest thing makes it another recipe. And ofcourse less good :-)

Enjoy those lovely moments of indulging. We all need more of those!