Saturday, December 01, 2012

975





Snow globes - WOO HOO!!!  I have had the best of intentions with regards to making these with the girls for at least the past two Christmases, but I pulled out my finger and here they are.

Two empty olive jars, 2 of those little Schleich animals, 2 jars of white glitter, one sprig of fake greenery and a small jar of model paint.

Leila was confused when we shook the snow globe, because it was over so quickly and it isn't as much fun as the ones that are suspended for moments in liquid, but I love these all the more because of it.  The little fingers that fussed painting the trees on the jars, building up little platforms for their creatures to raise them a little beyond the thread of the jar, Leila being sad to lock away her deer.  These snow globes will come out at Christmas for a very long time to come.

1 comment:

Cindy said...

I think it is gycol, you can buy it from the Chemist if they need slower falling snow! Super cute either way